Monday, September 1, 2008

New house, broken camera, cut fingers

We are in! But, not without a few bruises, cuts, and dings.

My oldest brother and my father came down from Seattle on Friday to help us move. If you've been around you know that there was a small controversy about whether to hire professional movers or not. I doubt to pros could have done a faster job than my three guys; I was duly impressed and had to do a little eating of crow. The garage was packed with boxes from the storage unit that Erick and I brought over in batches. Boxes might have ended up in the correct room, but the simple volume of stuff was completely overwhelming.

And I still can't find the sugar...

Wish I had a working camera so I could share pictures, but it pooped out on us about ten minutes into the zoo trip last week. It might just be time to retire it.

Did get this one of Freyja and Quinn:

Quinn 'helped' me paint his room. He did pick out the main color - smokey blue - and had some tips for application. Most of the time he just played and asked me how much longer it was going to take me.


All in all it's not too bad. I am a bit bruised and have a couple of cuts on my fingers from god only knows what. I honestly feel like I've done nothing but shuffle things from here to there from there to here for months now. I'm looking forward to this being over so I can start looking for a job and preschools for Quinn in the area.

It's all about change.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Hope it feels good to be settled. Like the dusty blue, see? we have yet to paint any rooms...

we should get together, here or there or wherever. i've heard good things about omsi? or riding bikes is always fun...