My child is...verbal. Always has been. At this point he is a parrot and can replay for you anything you say, no matter esoteric or adult. Needless to say, it has caused some moments of consternation for us.
We go to the river a lot because Quinn loves to wade around in the shallow parts, looking at bugs and searching for the perfect stick. When the three of us go together I usually end up sitting on the bank (often dozing off) while the boys play around.
One night at dinner I jokingly said "Man, sometimes I feel like a third wheel at the river". Over three weeks later, during our Sunday breakfast of puffed pancake, Quinn piped up with "Mama is a third wheel".
Aw. Thanks man.
If I would just keep my mouth shut...
Today we were sitting at the computer and Quinn was "typing". His favorite thing is the comma, so we had a complete page of them in something like 150 point. Our of nowhere he said. "Mama's nipples are plastic".
Hmmm. Not sure how to take that one...
1 comment:
Where the hell did he come up with THAT?
I keep thinking that this is the best of all baby books in the whole wide world. If my mother had had a blog to record my firsts, you'd be reading about how I wanted to become a garbage man when I grew up.
Post a Comment