It's amazing how much food one tiny tummy can hold.
This morning Quinn decided not to eat his breakfast. Now, this is the morning after the night he picked at his dinner and ate pretty much nothing. We had plans to go to IKEA (oh, I know, twice in a week, but I no longer need to plan for a month to get something I need 'cause it involves a 2 hour drive out of town...indulging myself) so off we went. We were there perhaps 15 minutes and my poor, starved son began complaining that his stomach was hurting and really, really needed 'some food'. Now, IKEA has this cheap butt breakfast, and the cafeteria was fairly empty first thing in the morning, so we got him the $1.99 breakfast - scrambled eggs, bacon and potatoes. I turned around from paying the cashier and Quinn was already across the room pulling out a chair and climbing up. He practically grabbed the tray from my hands. Before I was able to get the plate off the tray he had his fork and was digging in. I heard not a sound for the next 20 minutes. I had to talk to myself.
He may as well have licked the plate. Not a speck of egg escaped him. Then he drained his milk like a man lost in a desert.
I've never seen him eat like that since he stopped nursing.
The rest of the morning was calm. Should have been since my son's stomach was sticking out three inches in front of him. All was good with the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment