We're in hold-onto-it for-a-week mode around here. Stress of the move catching up with Quinn, a bit cranky, having a fit because other kids were playing on the play equipment at the park, that kind of thing. I get it. I just don't like it much.
On Saturday Quinn and his papa went fishing on Free Fish Day at a local lake. They had a great time (I was at IKEA - sigh) and got three trout. He didn't take a nap that day, too excited, I suppose. Erick had the fish a-fryin' in the pan and Q and I were taking a moment to watch the orginal "Horton Hears a Who". At some point Q laid down in front of me and when the video was over it was clear that he had fallen asleep. No amount of coaxing got him up, so we ate our fish while he slumbered on the rug. He eventually woke up and ate. And told his 'the fish that got away' story.
We just found out that the mother of my bestest friend (who is moving back to La Grande less than three weeks after I moved away - I mean, the ironies of my life are starting to seriously annoy me!) is going to be renting our house. That means not only can Quinn go and visit his house and his flowers (minus the fir tree in the back yard) he can get the best cookies in town. Couldn't really ask for much more, could ya?
Time is what we're needing around here. I'm at less than full steam these days. The day after we moved I ended up in the emergency room (with Quinn and Erick sitting/sleeping in the waiting room until 4 am) and just haven't quite recovered yet. Trying to give myself a break and not get too exasperated by the almost-done quality to our new temporary home, but it is against my nature, so it's a struggle.
We found a Safeway today. I feel like a dork admitting it, but I was feeling all turned around without my regular grocery store. Just by incident we ran into one on our park-searching this morning. Made my day.
Man. I need a life. : )
1 comment:
Love the new look! Wow! such exhausting days!
Post a Comment