Sunday, July 27, 2008

Trip to Canby

In our new effort to do something new every weekend, we took a quick ferry ride across the Willamette River to Canby. Took about 2 minutes, but saved a long ride down 99E, and it was fun, too!
In Canby is a farm called Flower Farmer, which has a miniature steam train, petting zoo and all that comes with it.
Quinn was outfitted with a hat a friend made for me. But because I have such a Huge brain, it just didn't fit, and Quinn appropriated it, and chose to wear it to the farm.

We were the only people there strangely enough, so had the train all to ourselves.

After one and a half go-rounds on the track we stopped at the petting zoo to visit the animals. The chickens came a-runnin', jumping onto the fence and flying down, clucking to beat the band. One came right up to me and pecked my toe. According to Dale, the Conductor, it was after my toe ring. Into my bag that went; there were just too many beaks to contend with. Quinn, of course, loved feeding them and started a bit of a feeding frenzy.

When he found out that Dale would catch and hold chickens for him to pet, he made sure he got to pet one of each color. Chickens can really have beautiful feathers.

On the ride back we rode in the open car instead of the caboose. I got a little snuggle time.

And now, for the BIG NEWS!!!!

We officially heard today that our offer was accepted on a house!!!

Now, being the closet pessimist that I am, and after having had such a sad house buying experience in La Grande (other than meeting my pal, Amy, that is!), I never thought we'd be able to find something that met our needs on one income in the Portland area.

Much to our surprise we stumbled on a wonderful little house with an amazing yard in Clackamas, across the road from an apartment we rented together in the early 90's. So, after not moving for 11 and a half years we are moving for the second time in 2 months!

What have I been smoking, you ask? I'm not tellin'.

Here are some shots of the backyard I took when we went back for our second look. Note that all of them are of the backyard. You see our priorities. Erick is convinced I have a 'thing' for the deck, and these pictures tend to back up his theory:




All I have to say is this: YIKES!

2 comments:

Katie said...

congrats! the house is beautiful and i'd have a thing for that deck too.

Anonymous said...

Seriously, who wouldn't have a thing for the deck?! Looks great - and see, things happen for a reason. =)