Sunday, October 4, 2009

????????

I have a lot of questions. Well, maybe not QUESTIONS - life altering QUESTIONS, but concerns, dilemmas, piques, annoyances, oddities...all of which are adding up to make me feel a lot less than peaceful.

A year and a half after moving away from that small town to this much larger city, I am not quite sure I am where I thought we would be. We have a house, but not one that makes me smile when I think about it. It was purchased on a single income (smart) but immediately prior to the real estate market falling off a cliff (not un-smart, just timing I suppose, but, still). It is adequate, quite nice, actually, but it sits here with changes that can't be made until I FIND A JOB.

This FINDING A JOB thing has taken on a whole life of its own this year. It is almost like a living thing, taunting me, annoying me, forcing me to face Facts. I have gotten every job I interviewed for since I was 15. Seriously. Probably not because I'm so Fabulous or Amazing, but maybe because I was looking for The Job that I was Ready For. I don't know what it was, really, but I had no reason to think that this time would be any different.

Could not have been more wrong. The economy took a dive and I wasn't wearing the appropriate breathing apparatus. Add to that 20 years since I took diving and you have a lot of flailing around. Flailing attracts sharks, if ya didn't know.

I do my best to be optimistic. Do the whole "One door closes, another opens" philosophy. I DO try. I'm just not that good at it.

Add to it all a list the length of my arm of things I want to do to this house, few of which I am comfortable doing without an added income, and Dissatisfaction rears its head.

I hate whining. I hate listenting to it and I hate doing it. But whine I do these days, and it is not at all attractive.

I'm hoping something Gives in a big way soon. This attitude does not look good on me.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Well, technically, you're gorgeous, so whatever your wear, technically, looks fabulous on you. Technically. I'm still holding out that there's something perfect for you waiting.

Freckles and Frogs said...

Hey! Since I don't really have any contact info for you, I just got the latest info from HotLine.

Here's the link, there's a job in Portland: http://www.peacecorps.gov/index.cfm?shell=resources.former.hotline