My pal was kind enough to take pictures during Quinn's party (and even kinder to drive five hours round trip for a two hour party) and I should have those soon. Until then all I have are some random pictures I managed to take while doing Mama Hostess stuff.
Before the festivities, Grandpa gave Quinn something he couldn't pass up - a lego building set with gears, wheels and rubberbands that makes cool gadgets.
No time like the present to dig in and see what it is all about:
I took care of my own face painting before everyone showed up.
Niya played along, too, but we may have forgotten the need to eat and drink. We ended up doing touchups a few times.
The pigs-in-puff-pastry were a hit. I know 'cause I wasn't fast enough to get one.
The first order of business was having the kids paint their wooden cats. It was soooo quiet while they worked. Everyone did a great job.
Miles, a friend of Quinn's from school, was a little slow to warm up, but once he got his ears on and his face painted, he dove right into everything.
Dominick, the 2 1/2 year old boy from across the street, the youngest and smallest of the kids, was so careful not to make a mess.
My brother, Kurt, not surprisingly, sat down with the kids and painted, too. He's always been a big kid anyway, so I sure wasn't surprised.
Quinn checking out his cousin Keenan's work.
After cake and cupcakes we all headed outside to play with the remote control car and the rocket balloons.
It was a fun party, and after everyone left we all wanted a nap.
More pictures coming soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment