Saturday, January 2, 2010

I'm one hand old!!

We had thought to open presents after dinner, but just couldn't take it any longer and dove in after I got home from work.  Quinn had requested that they be put out early in the morning, so you can imagine the temptation. 



Now, I know this isn't the most excited face, but he just got another stuffed kitty to match his older one, Joyce.  Joyce is much loved and this new black and white one was almost immediately named "Pretty".



All artists need the right tools.



And sticking with the cat theme, a very cool book filled with cats.  I predict that by the end of the weekend we will all know all the breeds. 



You may not know this, but my Quinn is not the kind of kid that bounces off the wall when he's excited, at least not normally.  We got to the last present, the biggest one, and when he opened it - wow!  Big smile, big excitement.  This toy is a 'Build Your Own City' and is like a train set, but for cars.  Quinn had seen it in a catalog and for the first time ever told me that he really, really, REALLY wanted it. 




All was forgotten (Pretty got left on the living room floor, I think) so that he and Daddy could get started putting it together.  The plans were for Erick to make the birthday dinner, but because this construction took so long, I had to jump in as chef.




After dinner we had the cupcakes.  If you read the previous post you know I had some trouble dealing with the buttery frosting and operating the camera without getting goo on the lens.  Hence the halo effect. 



Oh yeah!  Red sprinkles!



The proud boy and his City.



Hard to believe my baby is five.  He's such a joy on so many levels, and every day that he is here and calls me 'Mama' is a day that I am happy. 

But, the one problem.  I really need to stop blaming my memory lapses etc. on Baby Brain and just admit to what it is:  being over 40.

Sigh.


No comments: