Saturday, February 6, 2010

Etc. Etc. Etc.

Life continues.  The days have a rhythm of a sort, moving from darkness in the morning when I leave the house to darkness when Erick comes home.  In between Quinn hangs with his school friends, loving art and circle time, especially on Fridays when the bring a 'share' (you know - show and tell).  He loves his teacher even more that she is due with her first baby in May.  Something about that school and fertility - this is Quinn's second teacher who he gets to watch go through pregnancy.



Lately after we get home from school, Quinn wants to relive it all over again, so we play School.  I have been asked to come to Art Center, to listen to a story, and do Computer Center.  I am an obedient student.  The teacher likes me. Here Quinn was measuring himself on some paper he put on the wall.  To see how tall he was compared to a black bear. 


Randomly last Friday (after a nap) Quinn decided to do his US puzzle.  He worked on it without talking and didn't want us to "tell anything".  Took about 15 minutes start to finish.   

Now the discussion turns to where to send Quinn in the fall.  Since he has such a late birthday he goes to kindergarten this year (even though he's in a kindergarten class at his school  now).  Public school is only a few hours a day so we're looking for a private kindergarten.  Thought it would be pretty easy in a city this size to find one close by, one that has a solid curriculum, appropriate philosophy, and doesn't mean I have to actually SELL my child in order to send him there.  It's like a second job trying to find the right place for him. 

But, if that's our biggest problem, I'll take it. 

No comments: