Saturday, February 20, 2010

I Heart You - Quinn

Yep, it was another holiday revolving around candy.  Gets a little annoying, actually.  I dislike being the Candy Police.

Quinn decided that he wanted to make a special valentine's card for his classmates and friends.  We saw something in one of his "My Big Backyard" so we collected all the pieces over the past couple of months, then had to go into assembly line mode.

First, cut out 50 hearts from Pepto Bismal pink cardstock boards.  My job.  Needed the hearts to match from front to back.  They Quinn wrote on 25 of them "I love you" with the 'love' being a heart foam sticker.  It took three days for him to do them, doing a few at a time.  I was impressed, once again, with his attention span.


Last Friday Quinn's class had their Valentine's party.  I skipped work that morning so I could go.  When I walked in for the festivities this is what I found:


Not sure what was up with him.

Playing a little "Hokey Pokey".


Waiting for the next game to begin.  My child likes hanging with the girls.



Stacking those candy hearts to see how high they could stack 'em.




Lots of concentration.

Handing out the Valentine's flamingos.




It was a fun little party. Quinn told me later that he likes the snack part the best.  He got Go-gurt, something I'm pretty sure he's never had before.  Instead of pushing the stuff up towards his mouth, he kept pushing it down.  Live and learn.


1 comment:

Lisa said...

I keep telling myself that go gurt is no different from yogurt, but ... dude. It comes out of a tube. You have a little genius on his hands - yay Quinn for making all those cards!