After dinner last night, as Daddy put dishes in the dishwasher, Quinn came and sat on my lap. Much hugging ensued. Then:
Q: "Mama, I want to marry you"
Me: "But I'm already married to your Daddy"
Q: "That's okay, I want to marry you. We're getting married tonight"
Me: "Tonight? What's the hurry?"
Q: "I just love you SO much, we need to get married tonight and move to that house down the street"
Me: "But what is your Daddy going to do when we get married and move away?"
Q: "He'll still live in this house. Holly (one of his 'friends') will come live with him. I'll come over and let him watch me ride my bike."
Me: "Huh. So, we're going to get married and move down the street. Daddy is going to live with Holly in this house"
Q: "Yep. That's the plan, Stan. We're going to get married at Happy Valley Park."
Me: "Don't you think your Daddy will be sad that we move?"
Q (thinking): "Yeah, but he will have Holly to play with and we'll send him notes"
Me: "What do married people do?"
Q: "They hug and kiss. They say nice things to each other. They cuddle. "
Me: "Is that why you want to marry me?"
Q: "Yes! I want to hug and kiss you and cuddle with you all the time! "
Me: "But we can do that now, without being married"
Q: "Oh, I know, but I still want to get married to you. So. Be ready at midnight"
Me: "Midnight, huh?"
Q: "Yep. That's when we're getting married. I hope you are ready on time"
Me: "Oh, I'll be ready."
Q: "I know you will be. You're the best Mama ever!"
But, this morning:
Me: "So, did we get married last night?"
Q: "Nope. I married Holly"
No comments:
Post a Comment