Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Not much

There's a very good reason why there's been little action on the blog lately - I just haven't wanted to do it.  The reasons are fairly usual - working, tired, priorities, on and on. 

My job is far from what I wanted it to be, and even pretty far from what I was promised.  Every day is a struggle to find some point to it beyond the Work and the Pay.  If I want the program to Be Anything, that will mean Long Hours and Big Commitment.  The first I can't do and the second, I just don't have.

Other than this angst (which honestly, annoys me to no end after trying so long), things are Going.  Quinn is reading at a first grade level and reading everything he sees.  We are wrestling over where to send him to kindergarten in the fall, and are getting serious about it a week or two later than we needed to.  Oh, well, a little pressure isn't always a good thing.

The wife of a friend of ours lost her long battle with breast cancer recently.  I didn't know her very well, but she was always especially kind and attentive to Quinn when we saw her, and this made me like her beyond our level of knowing each other.  I hurt for her three kids, all older, but still, still without a mother now.  So incredibly sad.  So incredibly real.

Hoping that I find the time and motivation to blog more, but I'm not sure.  April will tell.

No comments: