Wednesday, June 9, 2010

--------------------------

Today I had a flash back.  I was sitting in the hallway of the Clackamas County Courthouse waiting for my Grand Jury moment.  I took out my new Blackberry (who knew I needed that??) and messed around a bit.  I chatted with the sheriff who did such a fantastic job taking fingerprints off our broken window, made jokes with the DA and another officer.  I listened to the domestic violence advocate walk a client through her restraining order options (she obviously had testified in front of the Grand Jury against her abusive husband). 

Only a short five years ago there I was, too, with a victim, doing that job.  I don't want to do it again, it's too hard, but the energy in the hallway was fun.

Not sure what our little thief is going to be charged with but he screwed himself (and his little 17-year old buddy) for nothing more than a pocketfull of change and some useless electronics.  I'm sad for the path his life is taking, but glad I don't have to worry about him coming back.

ADT is now my friend, Mr. Dumb Robber.  Don't bother coming back. 

In need of a very long vacation.

No comments: