Monday, May 31, 2010

Random

...hubby lost new camera while hunting for morels this weekend.  Now we have two camera chargers but no cameras.  I see the humor in it, still.

...going back to La Grande has become more bitter than sweet.  The hole that friendship has left in my life colors everything. 

...still struggling with this job, finding a way to love it, finding a way to make it into something I can love.

...wanting to be a more present mama, more in tune with the Child more Often; going back to work necessary, but not really appreciating the reality of it all.

...watching brother struggle with single parenthood and all that comes with it, makes me appreciate my dear hubby that much more.

...the Knee is keeping me grounded, and I have the thighs to prove it; something has to change here as I gave away all my fat clothes years ago.

...withnessing a friend lose her father, and contemplating my own aging parents and the Family I wish I had.

...needing to figure out what I want to study in school next fall, how to make it happen, how to find my next Mission amongst all the other Stuff.

...waiting for the burglar alarm to be put in next week; does this mean I can sleep soundly again and stop opeing the door when I get home, listening for 'something'?

...because the police know the kid (19) who did the burlary (fingerprints), they haven't located him, doesn't make me feel any better.

...know that the social worker in me is alive and well when what I thought when the detective described this kid's background, all I could think was "he needs intervention, not jail - who thinks he had a chance with all that trauma??"

...and on it goes...

1 comment:

Lisa said...

O, Sarah. I hope things do settle down on the home front and the time comes - soon - when you don't feel like you have to be hyper vigilant (sp?). Do you guys have any big summer plans?