Saturday, January 12, 2008

It's a hum drum life

Not much going on here. More snow, then some rain. An afternoon of football and cleaning the garage.

Took Quinn out to lunch after picking up a couple of things from the jewelers. He just loves doing that, sitting in a restaurant and eating. He does such a good job, especially if there are Sun Chips to be had.

We went to the jewelers to pick up a ring of mine; it was my grandmother's ring. She died over ten years ago. It's a honking diamond thing, far too much for me, but I wore it everyday for years and loved it. It had a clasp on the underside, something they do for older women who have larger knuckles so they can get their rings off and on. Before Quinn was born, it fell off once because the clasp wasn't strong anymore, and that was it for me. Also, I was afraid I would scratch the hell out of my son if I wore it while nursing or changing diapers; at the time, I was all for simplifing everything. So it has been in a drawer for years.

Anyway. Finally had it fixed and had a solid band made. After some sizing issues, completely my fault, we picked it up today, along with my watch that had needed a new crystal.

My hands look mightly blingy today. Sometimes that's enough to cheer you up.

Other than that, nothing to report. We found out yesterday that our Friday play group has been discontinued due to funding, so that was depressing. Although the local children's museum has offered to keep it going, so even though the venue will change, hopefully the fun will still be there.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

think link, right? is it 10:30a?