Phil has gone everywhere with us at one time or another. Phil is quite the world traveler. Never a complaint on a long trip. But, during the past year, Phil has been relegated to the pile of small stuffed critters that kids always seem to accumulate without much effort. Honestly, I missed Phil, but Quinn was busy with Duck, Frog and sometimes Chicken Who Got Sixth Place. I worried about Phil's demotion.
Recently Phil has become the Pal. The Confidant. Almost every night Phil is tucked under Quinn's chin in bed and comes out in the morning clutched in his hand. Phil is Back. This morning, during our usual 7 am cuddle in Mama and Daddy's bed, Quinn declared "I love Phil and she loves me. We are friends".
One development, though. Phil is a she. And whoa be it anyone who calls her a "he". The wrath of Quinn can be terrible.
So. Phil is Phyllis. But she is back.
All is well with the world.
Recently Phil has become the Pal. The Confidant. Almost every night Phil is tucked under Quinn's chin in bed and comes out in the morning clutched in his hand. Phil is Back. This morning, during our usual 7 am cuddle in Mama and Daddy's bed, Quinn declared "I love Phil and she loves me. We are friends".
One development, though. Phil is a she. And whoa be it anyone who calls her a "he". The wrath of Quinn can be terrible.
So. Phil is Phyllis. But she is back.
All is well with the world.
1 comment:
I'm happy that Phil had the gender reassignment. Life will be less complicated for him, er, her now.
Time to vote at TGQDC!
Post a Comment