Monday, January 28, 2008

First dental visit

I'm pretty much kicking myself for not bringing the camera.

Quinn had his first dental visit this morning. He would have gone sooner, but with the potential move, I put it off.

I continue to be amazed by my son's aplomb. He certainly didn't get this from me! He jumped right up into the chair and before even being asked he opened his mouth as wide as he could. He liked the chair and the lights and didn't mind anything that was done to him. His choice of toothpaste - strawberry, not mint, please. He loved the polisher and would have sat there for a lot longer. His favorite thing, I think, was the mouth riser and the suction thing-a-ma-bob. He was an expert pretty much off the bat.

Barely a wiggle the whole time. He appreciated the "prize" and the toothbrush. He was such a stud and I couldn't have been more impressed.

But, no pictures to share since I was more concerned about getting my car to start and getting the six inches of snow off of it.

Damn those priorities!

3 comments:

Katie said...

hey, we had our first dental appointment last week too. not my first of course. i was also amazed at how well he sat and finished the cleaning and checkup. his favorite thing was the same... mr. thirsty.

Jacob said...

Croly Hap! Are you kidding me?! What is up with this boy? He could be the poster child for good dentistry in America. They could use him at their conventions. Rare, I tell ya.

And you forgot your picurer? How COULD you? Sheesh. I am so disappointed.

Chris says all is forgiven and she has lifted the stalking order. But only for one month.

Van Dykes said...

Poster, child, for sure. I know, that dang camera should always be in attendance. That Chris is a kind gal - I'm sure she'll only press charges a tiny bit. : )