The winter grinds on, a little snow here and there just as a reminder, seeming strangely oppressive. Not like I'm excited about hot weather (ick) but the back yard is the place I want to hang out, and having to do it with a parka on just kills the mood. Too cold to spend time at the park wearing out the Little Man. Money too tight to just pack up and take weekend trips whenever we want to (and need to).
Resumes out, then an interview, then more waiting. Now two interviews in three days next week, and I don't have a thing to wear. This doesn't mean that I don't have a huge closet full of a massive amount of 'work' clothes; we were a DINK (Double Income No Kids) couple for all those years, afterall. But those clothes were from five years ago. Pre-baby. Pre-miscarriage. Pre-moving and post-bad-knee-diagnosis. That's not to say things don't still fit, they do, just not exactly the way I remembered them. I like a litte room to move, and it just ain't there. Good thing I'm now walking four mornings a week, lifting weights and sticking in as much yoga as I can bear. Still, nothing much is gonna shift in a week.
This No-Man's Land of coming off of almost four years of staying home with Quinn and looking for work is a bit unnerving. And do I even have to point out my INCREDIBLE timing?? Worst recession in decades, and here I am, job hunting. Oy. Story of my life - the very best timing always.
But, things are looking promising and I could very well be working full or part-time by April. The grass is always greener and I'm quite aware of that as I face not being with Quinn all the time. Even with preschool a couple of mornings a week we spend all of our time together. I will so miss all the fun and not so fun things.
Our projects will have to be a little less spontaneous, a little more planned out. We might not be able to play five hands of Go Fish or Crazy Eights when the mood hits us. There will be much more planning involved for everything. Not as much wiggle room.
My dad is coming to visit for a few days next week. Quinn is very excited and says that he's going to have to teach Grandpa how to play cards, 'cause he's been sick and will need to play cards to feel better.
Sweet, ain't it? Concern for Grandpa mixed in with getting another patsy to beat in Go Fish.
1 comment:
you always looked so cute at work! I remember at SFS, good luck with the job hunt.
Post a Comment