Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Just don't got it

As March moves in on me, I find that I just don't got it. Now, honestly, I'm not entirely sure I ever had it, but there you are. Have spent the past few months waiting for something to happen and now so close to a new something, but still having to wait. Not on my top five list of qualities, I'm sorry to say. It doesn't help that I pick the WORST economy in decades to look for the first job I've had in four years; my timing is always so wonderful.

But, things roll on, whether or not I've found that next perfect job. The flowers are poking up in the yard, thrilling both my boys. This will be our first spring in this house with the amazing yard and all its potential, so we're looking forward to seeing what pops up out there.

Quinn got an harmonica from a dear friend the other day. He thinks it's a hoot and has enjoyed regaling us with his harmonica songs. He said to me "This is a song from my boyhood". Hmm. Older than he looks, I guess.

Today was not a good day at the grocery store, with Quinn reverting to a two-year old tantrum over something I still don't understand. By the time we got in the car and things had calmed down a bit (it was bad enough that the lovely woman bagging the groceries looked at me sadly and said "Oh, sometimes they just wanna be loud") I was exhausted. I'm not used to this kind of public tantrum from him. As we drove out of the parking lot, Quinn said "I don't think that went very well". Mr. Understatement.

Needless to say, there was no cookie from the Bakery.

For either of us.

Quinn in his 'Tree Garden':

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The things Q says just continue to amaze me. "That didn't go very well" just cracks me up! Such a funny statement and situation, since I wasn't the one having to deal with the tantrum that started it all.