Halloween. Quinn finally has it all figured out. The last few years I think he only went along with it because I made a deal about it. Not this year, though. He decided on his own costume and talked about his trick or treating strategy.
But, first, to do the cat face. Again. This time, though, I was a bit more adventurous and added quite a bit more hair. He was very specific about where he wanted it.
The final product:
The rat was a touch I thought necessary. From IKEA, our friend Val gave it to Quinn a couple of years ago. For Easter. His name is Traditional Easter Rat. Quinn liked the idea of the cute black cat having a rat on its shoulder. Gotta love velcro.
Quinn dived right in on the candy-chasing. We went with friends of ours and their 9-year old son, Cole. Cole was great at keeping Quinn in his sight and helping where needed. They RAN from house to house, so I was glad that we were in a neighborhood where the houses were close together. I may have made him a bag that was a little, well, big. By the third house it was dragging on the ground. Note for next year - don't give the kid a bag that is almost as tall as he is.
We were surprised and thrilled when Daddy made it home from elk hunting in time to go with us. A successful hunt for all three in his hunting party, it was really a treat to have him home.
Cole and Quinn checking out the goods.
After an hour Quinn was done. All that running and excitement wore him out. Got a lift from Daddy back to the car.
The Haul. May not look like much, but at a piece a day, it will last this sweet black cat until at least Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment