It was 6:15 am. We hadn't been up late, in fact went to bed by 10 p.m. Quinn much earlier. Still, I heard the tell-tale THUMP Thumpity Thumpity Thump whoosh, slam, whoosh, thumpity thumpity. Quinn appeared near me. I said "Okay, darlin', it is too early to get up. Why don't you snuggle in here with me for a while and we'll wait for Daddy to be more ready to get up?". Thinking I would get an argument it was nice that all I got was a warm little body next to me, quiet and sweet.
After almost an hour later Quinn had had enough. "Okay, Daddy! It has been FOREVER and it's time to get up!" So. We did.
Quinn went right for the train advent calendar, even though his long-awaited remote control Volkswagon Bug was sitting right there in front of the tree.
Of course, once the treats were taken out, the Bug got it's attention. A very happy boy.
Pretty sure you could see this tree from space. No need to turn lights on in the room...
During a lull in the festivities, Erick took a quick snooze. Coffee or no coffee, it was still WAY too early for this.
Note exactly sure what was going on here. Several toys getting used at the same time?
Getting towards the end of the unwrapping.
As soon as was possible the Bug went outside. Quinn needed some practice with the controls and it was easier outside with fewer walls to run into. It was pretty darn chilly so there were a couple of quick trips out and then back in to warm up.
I heart you, too.
1 comment:
Oooh, Santa IS very thorough ~ it's true. Both he and Quinn are very smart. Quinn looks like he's *thoroughly* enjoying his VW bug ... I wonder if the elves make remote control trains that run without tracks. ;) Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment