Sunday, December 13, 2009

Doins

Last week Quinn spent a couple of hours with his 'Auntie' Valerie.  I had an appointment on her side of town so she took the opportunity to have him over to decorate a gingerbread house and cookies.  When I got back the house was put together but undecorated.  They ran into structural problems and decided to concentrate on the cookies.  Val loves this chicken purse. 


Quinn likes to explore other people's houses, and he loves this big bear that lives on the guest bed.  He drug the poor thing out into the living room where he did this:



We went in search of the Christmas tree again, back to the same place we went last year.  Although, honestly, drive any direction around here and you will find one tree farm after another.  Quinn was a bit,well, surly is the best word for it, and it took a while for him to warm up to the quest.  Heck, I was in a better mood than him, and that is really rare.



The weather held out and the sky was actually blue.


Out of all those trees we found ours and went to work cutting it down.  I, of course, was the official recorder.



The successful hunt.  This is the only kind of post-hunt picture I want to ever see.



And let's be sure to drag it right through the mud to the car....


We only had to cut a tiny bit off the top to make the tree fit in it's place.  We had light problems, though, and didn't get lights on until sometime the next day.  I'm in charge of lights since I have a particular esthetic I'm looking for.

Think Burning Bush.  It's a lot of lights.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I think I'd like to see this burning bush tree of yours. I'm sure it's gorgeous. And now, looking at the post-hunt pictures, I'm wondering if Quinn will be interested in going with E. on other, slightly ... different ... hunting expeditions ...