Saturday, October 27, 2007

To the Children's Museum we go...

Yesterday, on our third day without Daddy, I knew it was time to do something different. We drove to Pendleton and went to the Children's Museum. I knew about it; even had a brochure in my "Things to do with Quinn" file (yes, I know. I have one). Had known about it for a very long time. We even almost-went-there earlier in the summer when we went to the Railroad Museum which happens to be a block and a half away from the Children's Museum; we ran out of time after spending an hour in the caboose.

Anyway, we drove over in the morning and walked into a child's dream. I gotta tell ya - if I was less than four feet tall, I would want to move in and live there. There was a ship, there was a fire house, complete with hose, ladder, pole and firefighter gear. There was a craft room, a kitchen, a store, a toddler room, dress up stuff, blocks, trucks, a safari vehicle, and, much to my surprise, an animal room complete with an iguana, tarantula, snake, tree frog and zebra finch, to mention a few. It was amazing, especially for a town the size of Pendleton; La Grande can't seem to pull something like that off. I was impressed. If we lived there we would definately shell out the $50 yearly membership and go all the time; but for now the $3 fee is doable.
I have a plan all figured out. Going to talk a friend of mine into making a monthly trek there on the weeks our regular play group is off. Just in time for us to move, I'm sure.

It was all I could do to get him out of there. I wanted to take a few pictures, but with all the kids, the noise and trying to keep some track of my particular one, I forgot I even had the camera until the end. So, here are some shots of Quinn in the kitchen.


Hoarding pineapples. What's next???

Today, on yet another beautiful fall day, I am sick, sick, sick, and want nothing more than a long, long, long nap. Erick should be home by four or so. Wonder how long a nap I can get my little man to take??

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, when are you moving?

Van Dykes said...

Your guess is as good as mine...