I had a tussle with the Easter Bunny this weekend. He (she? Really, how do you tell?) insisted that no 3-year old should go without a hunt for eggs among the crocuses and tulips and laid the guilt on pretty darn thick. I think he's had a lot of practice putting the squeeze on pooped parents. Those bunnies sure are cute, but underneath, pure capitalists.
Needless to say, I went out in the barely dawn to "hide" our beautiful eggs. I grumbled a little bit, a few nasty phrases for Mr. Pushy Bunny.
Quinn had a great time, squealing every time he found one of the eggs "I got one!". I'm sure the neighbors loved it.


The blue bunny ears were my idea. Quinn loves anything that looks like a head band, so he wore these happily. Daddy wasn't so thrilled. We all have our little problems; at least he didn't have to get the hard sell from some fuzzy rodent.

More toys than candy, so the puzzle had to be put together almost before any wrappers were opened. I like that.

All in all, quite a success, quickly followed by a walk to the overpass to watch for trains. I laid on the floor and tried to deep breathe; I think I'm traumatized by that damn bunny...
3 comments:
Hey, I saw you in Walmart today, next time I'll make time to say more than HI! I found your blog off of Stephanie and Katies. HOpe all is well. I have the same issues with the Easter Bunny and the entire holiday... I have similar issues with valentines day, st. pat's day.... the list goes on! The boys had fun though! Susan
Wow those are some big ears!!! Quinn's are big too.
I still struggle with how Jesus, a huge bunny that is confused (laying eggs?) and the resurection fit together. I hate it and resent the religious community a bit for forcing so much chocolate onto my thighs. As far as Valentine's Day- I am a little partial to that one; but I am all for taking it out of the commercial line up. I am waiting for some mean kid at school to teach my little one that there is no Easter bunny; a sad day sure, but I won't have to put up with it anymore. I just can't be the one to do it...
Post a Comment