Anyway, now that I usually only have to cook for three people, I am on the Board of the agency. Hadn't planned on it, hadn't even really wanted to do it. But. Not moving away and having avoided starting anything new, this was something to keep my busy and not tax my brain too much.
This past weekend was the Soup Supper. It really amazed me how little things have changed. I'm not the director anymore, and it surprised me how easily I was asked how to do things, when to do things and how such-and-such needed to be done. It was a bit odd. So, I tried to stick to the soup stirring and running interference for my beloved Pat, who just needed someone to take care of her and not let her tire herself out. Too much.
After two days of 12 hours of standing on my feet, I came home last night with burning feet, a sore knee and more tired than I've been in a long time. I had forgotten that kind of fatigue. It seems much different than nursing-til-dawn fatigue.
Quinn spent a lot of time with Daddy this weekend, which is always a good thing.
We did do some fun stuff last week, although we missed playgroup on Friday since I had to be at the venue setting up. Stuff.
On Thursday we drove with Lynda and Conner to Pendleton to go to the Children's Museum. They had never been and we also needed to go to Cash-n-Carry for a few Soup Supper essentials.
The Fire House was a hit with both boys:
Conner loved this helmet, and took it almost everywhere with him:
On our way home, we stopped at a park to have a little lunch and to play in the surprisingly warm and sunny weather.
Conner was motivated by Quinn's swinging prowess to try it out himself.
It was a lot of fun, and will be something we do as a treat. The boys enjoyed themselves and especially enjoyed riding together in the back seat. It was surprisingly calm and peaceful. A good time was had by all.
I'm off to put ice on my feet. Man. It sucks to get old...
3 comments:
This post makes me want to go to the Children's Museum. Fun!
I need to get over the Children's museum. As for the Soup Supper it is such an amazing event for an excellent cause. I wish I could have made it this year.
We should plan a big trip over there - it is a bunch of fun. And the boys just loved it. Did I mention the little zoo? I mean, really. :)
Post a Comment