Monday, July 27, 2009

Running from the heat

Because I hate heat (which totally explains college in Florida, Peace Corps in Africa), we headed to the Oregon coast Sunday. Let's put it this way - when we left Waldport it was 65 degrees. When we got to Corvallis it was 96 degrees. Less than 40 miles. Egads.

We also hadn't see Grandma Judy in too long, so we made the almost 3-hour drive early so we could spend some time. We had lunch at Quinn's favorite place - Subway. They have Sun Chips. 'Nough said.


There's a beach right at the bay next to the restaurant, so we headed out. We walked all the way to the ocean. Quinn collected shells and feathers along the way. I got to carry them.

A dead crab? Time for a biology lesson.

Had to get this shot while they were all sitting down.

Quinn had turned into quite the flirt and had Grandma Judy in hysterics.

I have many shots of my boys walking along the beach from over the years.

Heading back to the car before the tide came in. This is about two seconds before Quinn informed Grandma that "I really, really, really gotta pee, and this place looks perfect for it!". Ugh.

We were home by 7 pm, and the house was fairly cool. I enjoyed it for what it was worth; the rest of week promises to be a hot one.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

This looks fantastic. The coolness. The water. And the family, of course. I have to do something. We're in our 3rd week of 100 temps (as I'm sure you are too). I just can't handle it anymore ... I bet Erik (sp?) and Quinn love beach days. ~ does Quinn love the water too?