The ubiquitous Gingerbread Men. Or is it Gingerbread People? I'm not sure of the pc here.
Anyway, we decorated them yesterday morning since Daddy was home. Hoped to have a little friend over, but he decided that all he wanted to wear was a shirt, and his mother didn't think that was appropriate attire for below-zero weather. Man. Overprotective. ; )
In some attempt to keep the sugar to a minimum we opted for raisins, dried cranberries, nuts and sprinkles as the nod to how it's supposed to be done. Quinn just wanted to eat the dang thing, not spend any energy putting things on it. But, he was persuaded to give it a try, and with some help from Daddy, things went smoothly.
Then, with a "Can I eat it now?" it was gone in a couple of minutes. That's the extent of his attention.
But we can say we did it. And no tears were shed in the process.
Our little gingerbread peeps that survived:
4 comments:
Those may be the cutest ginger folk I've seen in a while. =) Can't blame the little dude for wanting to dig in - you put food like that in front of me and tell me to play with it but not eat it and you would have one heck of a fight on your hands. Q's manners definitely surpass those of mine. =P
Hey, didn't that kid just get borned like about a week ago? How'd he get so dang BIG! Sheesh. Unbelievable. Now he's making cookies with his Papa. Sweetness all over the place. Snaps.
The cruise is going quite smoothly (pretty much), Miss Julie.
Ask Erick if he remembers that red felt hat of Roy's that they shot up pigeon hunting that one time. For some reason, I just thought of that.
Or was that Erick's hat? I think it might have been. And Roy was the one who shot it up. Investigate, please....thanks. MWUAH!
Gawpo - just read this, so will begin the investigation immediately. Of course, I'll have to wait until E has a pot of coffee. Before then, it just wouldn't be fruitful. He'd just nod and nod and nod.
Post a Comment