Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Now, can you recycle wrapping paper, or not??!!??

It was a slow event. Started at 7:30 and went almost until 1:00. Everything unwrapped deserved some time of its own, so there were lots of breaks. Certainly nothing frantic about our Christmas morning.

Santa must have liked coming upon this:



Quinn insisted on a carrot for each reindeer.

A new roundhouse to store all his engines, and a few new ones, too:

And, what's this?!?? Underwear? Oh, darn it.

Starting on that stocking:


A midmorning break for a little monkey bread snack:

And now it's snowing like crazy - woke up to two more inches on the ground. Since Q's third birthday is in five days and his cousins are coming from out of town to visit, we're already in clean-up mode. Gotta make room for the cake and yet another round of presents.

For this kid the end of the year is one heck of a bonanza.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

looks like fun, slow is good!

Unknown said...

Yes you can recycle wrapping paper, providing you don't have that foil stuff that sshines. I generally look for the craft paper types for that very reason; killing the tree is bad enough, I try to make my holiday as green as possisble. Sadly, I am not dedicated enough to forgo the wrapping altogether, I am too much of a Christmas/ sparkly freak to do that. Mother Earth will just have to forgive that part- the shiny makes me giggly. ;)

Van Dykes said...

Oh, don't I know it. That's why you never get any jewelry. "oooo - look at the sparkles!" :)