Not much happenin' today. Had one of the strangest visits to Safeway since I worked for the Shelter. Thought I should have brought my referral sheets with me or something. It was very bizarre.
Went in search of new shoes to replace the slip on ones I have to wear all the time 'cause of my ornery foot at JCPenney. Quinn loves to go there - it's such a small store, it's like just the right size for him or something. He likes the downstairs because the ceiling is so low he can get a good look at the light fixtures. Hey, there's two feet of snow on the ground, you gotta take your jollies where you can get them...
Anyway, no shoes, so going to have to keep schlepping around in these nightmares for a bit longer. However, did come upon a couple of deals I just couldn't pass up. One, a bunch of hand towels. Dirt cheap. And since my son thinks that hand towels need to be put in the laundry basket after one use, we go through them quickly, even with my policing his obsession.
Not sure how we ended up back there where all the purses are - I think I was just letting myself be led around by the Boss waiting for the line at the cashier to shorten up. And I saw it. It was one of those things - love at first sight. Okay, not really. But when you can get a $40 anything for $5.97, it may as well be love.
But. Thing is, I'm not the dainty-purse type. Not the under-the-armpit-purse wearing type. Since leaving work I've carried either a diaper bag or a backpack that was just a step up from a diaper bag. A purse? Me? What for?
$5.97.
Maybe I'll grow into it. We'll see...
We took our time getting out of the house for me to discover my new Tiny Purse side. Quinn amused himself by making "cookies" out of the six colors of Playdoh he mixed together. It's only a matter of time until it's grey, like the last bunch. Can't wait for that appealing moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment