Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A Whim

Sunday Quinn got a wild hair. He started pulling the letters out of his foam squares in his playroom and spelled his name:

Notice how, having only one "N", he improvised. Well, doesn't a "Z" turned on it's side look like an "N"?
And, not to leave things unfinished, he finished up with his middle name, Jackson. Now, there is a slight problem (he wanted to turn the "V" upside down to be the "A" and wanted the "A" turned upside down because.....well, just because), and no more "N"s to be found. More improvisation.

Of course, we had to leave this on the floor alllllllll day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm tellin' ya, that kid is just too darn smart. I love the improv - and who said kids can't be flexible (of course, only when they want to be)! =)

Katie said...

what happened to you guys today? Quinn missed the marble run!

Van Dykes said...

Q started melting down 'cause a baby took his banana. When we went outside to discuss his little transgression, he proceeded to say he wanted to go home and that he would not, and I quote "calm down even a little". So, off we went. It was not a get-along-like-peanut-butter-and-jelly day. Ugh. Hoping next week he'll be more mellow. Like normal.

Katie said...

I figured something like that, and I 100% understand what it's like. What do they say, three is worse than two? I am starting to believe it. Maybe not worse but definitely more challenging.

Unknown said...

Just wait until you guys hit 4...

Hee hee hee hee