Thursday, November 6, 2008

Covering it up

I couldn't take it one more minute. The color on our bedroom walls was awful. Brown. Beige. I don't know what to call it, but because the room is so dark to start with, it was just not helping matters.

So Quinn and I broke out our painting equipment and our painting 'duds'. As he did last time, Quinn was quite enthusiastic about 'helping' for about 15 minutes, then ran off to do whatever and to mosey back once in a while to ask me when I was going to be done.



In case you can't tell, that's a tree. The round things on the end are leaves. In case you couldn't tell...

Yes, that's white paint. I don't paint things white unless forced to, but in this room, something light is beyond necessary. Besides, I have a plan - there are going to be lovely vertical stipes (wide ones) to add a little somethin'. Those happen this weekend. If I can dig enough change out of the couch, that is.

3 comments:

Freckles and Frogs said...

It'll look great! Our house is almost the same color and there's one room that is so dark, I know I'm going ot go crazy and do the same thing! ugh!

Anonymous said...

Oooo, what color are the stripes going to be? I love painting rooms - so much fun to see the instant change. Sometimes, a person just needs to have some instant gratification.

Anonymous said...

We have new bedding, a really nice taupey color - very subtle, so the non-white stripe is going to be a light taupe, which will make the room look taller and be really nice. Subtle is what I'm going for after all that blue in Q's room..