Quinn loves to chat on the phone. He has lots to say and copies me by pacing the floor when he's talking. When he's done talking, though, he's done. He usually says "Talk to ya later. Bye!' and moves on.
One day last week Quinn wanted to deck himself out as Chef Quinn. After fixing up a seven course meal and dessert, he needed a break. He got out his prereading and math stuff and started some counting. I think he thinks better with an apron on...
Halloween night, as we were waiting for Valerie to come over so we could get the festivities started, we whipped up a few homemade caramel apples. Our first time, we definately have some adjustments to make next time we make them. The caramel is just ridiculously good, and I'm not sure quite what to do with all the leftover...
Now. I have some 'splainin to do. As you may know, last year Quinn was a Chef. Super cute, super easy costume. A big hit.
So, this year, with my limited brain power and nowhere to really go in terms of a party (still working on the friend thing for both of us), we came up with Ghost of a Chef. Quinn has become infatuated with ghosts, so that was his idea. Now, the execution was in my hands, and I'm afraid I may have spent too much time on the dang caramel apples, 'cause my poor child looked like....
The Flying Nun:
I have no excuses. Should have spent some time making the sheet look like a ghost, instead I sent my poor, defenseless child out into the cold, dark night to beg for candy looking like this. I should be ashamed.
Quinn didn't seem to mind. Much.
I was surprised at the lack of Halloween spirit around our neighborhood, so next year we will travel to one that has more than one in five houses 'open for business'. It did mean that the candy haul was kept under control, which worked for me.
Now we just have a new found love of lollipops. We realized yesterday that Quinn has little or no experience in that department. Last night it took him half an hour to polish one off; he enjoyed himself to an extreme. I'm not sure what it means...
One more day, one more preschool visit. So far nothing is a lock, but we have a few more to look at and hopefully we'll be starting in a couple of weeks.
3 comments:
I happen to enjoy the flying nun! Very creative idea - a ghostly chef. Looking at the photos from last Halloween, Q sure has grown a bunch. Did you make it through the evening alright?
What a cutie. And Sarah, this costume is sooooo much better than some of the ones I was {forced?} to go in. You guys do make a beautiful family!
Just so you know for sure that I'm reading your blog...
You are soooo funny. I laughed out loud at the end of this one. Agree with others, creative and well, it is a costume after all. People will give a treat no matter what you look like. Did anyone ask "what are you?"...well, there ya are.
Post a Comment