Thursday, January 1, 2009

A birthday and a new year

So, it's over, Quinn is now officially 4 years old. As mentioned, we didn't have a party per se, just a present-opening extravaganza after preschool. Of course, my son was more interested in the balloons than the actual presents. At least for a while, anyway. He soon got down to business.

In fact, the bike got nothing, because as far as Quinn was concerned, what was Cool was the big red balloons. Sigh.

After opening presents I got to work on the cake decorating while Q and Daddy went shopping for a helmet. This was Quinn's choice. He was not too excited about the work it took to adjust it to fit his noggin, but once done he wanted to wear it around the house a bit.

And what is a helmet without knee pads and elbow pads?? I think this is the new look for 2009:

The requested cake had pink wheels. Honestly, I was just trying to avoid using too much red dye, which is a toxic nightmare, but Q loves the color pink so it was good. I'm hoping for a different shaped cake next year. Perhaps this one will mysteriously 'disappear' in the garage...
We were at a friend's house for dinner, so there were peeps to sing a rousing "Happy Birthday". All Quinn wanted to know was when he got to eat a piece.





Happy Birthday, Quinn! We love you!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday to Quinn.