At this time four years ago I was on my way to the hospital after laboring all day at home. Once there I was sure that I should have stayed at home since all the nurses seemed to care about was strapping the monitor on my belly, regardless of what I said.
This year Quinn is
Very Clear on what his birthday means and what happens (i.e. cake and presents) and has been counting down for a week. If there was an advent calendar for this, he'd be in heaven.
So, preschool as usual tomorrow, but Daddy is taking the day off, so he gets to go along. After that, presents and cake decorating (one of his favorite things - icing and food coloring).
As a recap:
Age 1:

Age 2:

Age 3:

This year there isn't a party. All this moving and such has left us somewhat bereft of many small and large friends locally. So, we'll have a family thing after preschool and go off to a friend's house for a quasi-New Year's eve dinner and quiet shin-dig. There will be kids there and adult conversation, so all will be merry. Of course, we'll be in bed by ten, so you will have to ring in the New Year without us. We're all older here.
1 comment:
I'm a bit sad that I won't be able to see Q on his big day - the boy just makes me smile. It sounds like a great day you have planned!
And by the way, if I can make it to 10pm, it'll be a miracle.
Post a Comment