So off to Michael's we went. This is fast becoming one of our favorite stores - so many fun and cheap things that let us be creative and learn new things. This year we found some wood figures, one a train (for Daddy) and a cat (for Val) and got a few heart-shaped buttons.
We got to paintin'. We practiced moving the brush in one direction instead of back and forth. We practiced staying 'in the lines' with the colors. We made great progress.
After a lot of giggling and artistic discussion, this was his finished product:
We used an old shirt and pants to paint in, not knowing how messy we were going to be. I have to admit, I spent some time slapping paint on his shirt, just to keep busy.
Who knew that the paint would seep through??
But, the chicken was done and asparagus just doesn't wait, so we sat down to our fancy table and dug in.
After dinner, Quinn presented Erick with his gift. Notice the hearts in the window of the train - the hearts are the three of us - Quinn's idea. Awwww.
1 comment:
I don't know what it is, but Q looks so much older in these photos! I can't believe it. He looks so grown up, like he's ready to head out the door and catch the bus all by himself!
Post a Comment