Since we helped out Bunny by dying our own eggs (our favorite Tie Dyed Eggs - so pretty) then left them in the fridge for him/her (how can you really tell?) to pick up, most of the real work was already done. I realize the Bunny has lots of places to be all at the same time, but I'm pretty sure he/she contracts some of it out.
We had puffed pancake before heading out as the rain came down. We stepped out onto our newly sealed deck (helloooo beading water!) and immediately found an egg. On the deck. Right there. Outside the door. Okay, I was already wondering about the work ethic of this Easter Bunny.
Quite a few eggs were right in one area. Kinda like the Bunny stood in one spot and just dumped a whole bunch of them. Barely hidden, right at the base of a flower or something like that. I mean, put a little thought into it, Fluffy Butt!
Now, as I mentioned, the eggs went out pretty early this morning. And then it rained. By the time Quinn got out there to collect them, an interesting thing happened. I would say about half of the eggs (the real ones) had a slug on them. Some of the slugs were tiny little buggers, but small or big, they all seemed to have a thing for boiled eggs. Quinn would pick one up, then I'd have to rub it in the grass to get the slugs off.
It was lovely. Apparently we have a bit of a slug problem in our yard. Maybe instead of using other slug killers we should just boil up a dozen eggs and toss 'em in the yard. An hour later, bingo - slug roundup.
1 comment:
The Easter Bunny is challenged. When I was a kid, he was soooo lazy. Dropped the Easter Baskets off at the front door, knocked so quietly only my parents could hear and didn't hide Jack Beans. Looked like Quinn had fun,though! And you're a brave woman to take on the slugs. Yuck.
Post a Comment