Sunday, April 26, 2009

Dr. Dodo

Quinn has been very into doctoring anything that will sit still these days. It may have started a while back when he fell in the garden and ended up with 100 tiny slivers in his palm and arm. It took a long time to get them out. It may have started after he was with me when I had the injection in my knee and he got to put on the bandaid.

One rainy afternoon he started making bandaids - cutting out pieces of construction paper and then rolling up a sticker to act as the sticky end. I ended up with one on my cheek, knee, hand and elbow. Erick got pretty much the same, but even more. Mine stayed on for hours but Erick's somehow fell off within a few minutes. Hmmm.

The next day when neither of us would sit still long enough for doctoring, Quinn took the hint and brought Baby Ally into the equation. He gave her shots and then put his homemade bandaids on. Then she got put to bed to 'rest'.

He at first wanted to be called Doctor Goldfish, but then changed it to Doctor Dodo. You know, the dodo bird. The dumb one that went extinct. He read about it in a book. So, Doctor Dodo, if you please.

When not busy doctoring, Quinn likes to work on the couch mechanics. It apparently breaks down a lot, with gears falling off and needing some serious attention. So, behind the cushions nuts and bolts were being installed. Heck, it kept him busy for at least an hour, so everyone was happy.


And because he kept bashing his fingers with the hammer, he needed 'finger protectors'. Any self-respecting mechanic...

Never a dull moment. Oh. Wait. Apparently I am in need of another shot. Coming, Doctor Dodo!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

This kids of yours is a character. I should re meet him when I come down there this fall. I'm sure he would have many fantastic stories to tell me. I LOVE those finger puppets! I think I need some! How does he think of all these things to do, anyway?