With weather this ridiculously beautiful, we pulled off another trip to the Rhododendron Gardens this morning. We were hoping for more blooms this time, and we got it, although there are definately more that will be coming out.
Quinn has been a little, well, clumsy, lately, so it was really no shock that he fell on his butt a couple of times. The first time he was messing around, acting goofy, and wasn't paying attention to the rocks right behind him...




As you can see, not the worse for wear.
For some reason we had to sit on all the benches in the place, too. I think he actually got that sliver from this particular bench:
The sun was so bright that many of my pictures were washed out, but let me tell ya, I could have sat here with a good book (or a quiet child) for hours.

This bush (a tree, really) was in full bloom, and if Quinn hadn't decided to revert back to being two, I would have sat here for as long as he let me:

Headed home. After recovering from being two:

I am finding it difficult to get to this blog these days. I'm not sure if it has run its course for me, that I'm tired of it, or that I just don't feel like I have much of interest to say, or the energy to say it in an interesting way. Whatever it is, I'm struggling in many areas these days of early spring and have lost enthusiasm for far too many things. I am hoping that sunnier skies and more chances to boost my vitamin D will change that around.
But, for now, I have chicken ready for the brand-spanking new barbecue and think I will do the 'cuing myself tonight.
1 comment:
Thanks, Sarah. I'm pretty excited. And I just wouldn't be me if I didn't get all worried about that kind of stuff. ;) If you take a break from blogging, be sure to keep me updated on how you guys are doing! Sounds like Quinn's having some metaphorical growing pains maybe ... maybe running around in this sunshine will get some of his wiggles out. Hopefully. ;)
Post a Comment