Erick is off to turkey hunt for most of next week, so trying to figure out what Quinn and I can do to not only keep sane but to get out of town for a bit. I am not enjoying being the Cruise Director as much as I used to, and I think it shows. I think I may need more of an attitude adjustment than Quinn does....
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Randomness
Spring is here (at least this past weekend it was), so there was lots of time spent outside primping the yard and making plans. Quinn and I took a few pictures of flowers 'cause he wanted to "remember what they were like" come winter.


A favorite activity for Quinn is to be in his Tree Garden. What was obviously the garden space for the previous owner of the house is now Quinn's space. He has taken to sticking, well, sticks in the ground and pretending that they are trees. He puts dandelion flowers in some of them and waters and weeds when necessary. It will be interesting to see how the 'trees' do over the summer. Kinda nice that you can see his Tree Garden from almost anywhere in the yard, so we can do other things while he's working.

In other randomness:
Quinn is struggling right now with controlling his frustration. Yesterday he decided that the middle of the kid's clothing section in Kohl's was THE perfect place not only for a melt down, but for a tantrum of gargantuan proportions. The usual tactics did not pay off for me; he was dedicated to the tantrum and nothing was going to snap him out of it. I'm sure everyone else in the store was thinking "Can't that woman control that child??". They, of course, must not HAVE children if they think you can actually control a 4-year old in complete thermo-nuclear fusion. I know I'm not at my best when that kind of event disrupts my mood for the rest of the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Q's getting so tall! Those flowers make it look a lot like spring, happy days. I'm excited to see/hear what evolves with Q's Tree Garden. =)
Post a Comment