Thursday, August 13, 2009

Been a little under

Quinn had his last day of his summer Mud Pies and Patty Cakes camps last Friday. He went to three of them, but even though there was a little repitition in the crafts and themes, he had a great time. One of the last days was another Fire Station Day, so he got another sticker and another plastic fireman's hat. We gave it to the little boy across the street 'cause you can only handle so many fireman hats.

Friday was Pirate Day. When I got there to pick him up, Quinn was chowing on the 'treasure' chocolate coins they found on their treasure hunt. Next to him was his favorite counselor, Hank. He's from Canada. Quinn thought that was cool.




Here he is stylin' his pirate hat and parrot, aptly named Polly. The ace bandage? Long story, but I thought it was fitting - perhaps this pirate was able to save his leg and won't be needing that peg leg.

So, camps are done for the summer. The Mud Pies - big hit. Arts and Crafts week - another big hit. Soccer - huge miss. But, we will try other things through the year, and hopefully find something Quinn loves to do that doesn't involve glue, wheels or steam.

I've had bronchitis for the past week, which will make it four times since we moved from the east side of the state. Not sure exactly what is going on since I have never been this sick before. Could be that the allergies I've been experiencing have made me susceptible, but the lack of energy and the getting sick or recovering from being sick is taking a toll. Time to get some tests done and see if there's more to this than just having an immune system that isn't doing its job very well.

Time to think about Quinn returning to preschool. He is a late birthday (December 31st) so he has another full year until kindergarten. There are good and bad points to that, but it is what it is. I have looked for another school for him (was hoping for a montessori method school) but they are either religious-based, are full, or will only take on full-time students. So even though I am not 100% thrilled with the preschool he was in, he will most likely go back there for two days a week for now. Still looking for work, but not having much luck finding something appropriate.

It's been a good summer, but not one filled with a lot of fun for the adults in the family. Quinn, however, is having a great time, thank you!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Now, of course, I'm soooo curious to know about the ACE bandage. ;) So glad you're feeling better, too. Any word on the reason why you keep getting sick?