Today was Space Day at Quinn's camp. I was happy for a new theme since we are on week three of this particular camp and I was beginning to worry that he might have three weeks of the same projects. He didn't seem to mind.
I walked up to get him and there were eight little kids, all wearing their Space Helmets and doing a Space Walk. It was mighty cute.
Please note that Quinn drew a kitty on his. Space Kitty, I'm sure.

The other project was decorating a planet. Quinn did the Earth. At one point during the project (as Hank, one of the counselors told me) Quinn stated that he could name all the planets starting at the sun. Which he promptly did. Hank said "Wow. What a smart kid". I didn't tell him that Quinn has known the planets for more than a year. It's one of those things.

This is the last week of planned camps. August may be quite the interesting month as we tend to do better with planned events around which to plan our days. Lots of weekend trips and one big barbecue for Erick's work are on the agenda, but those pesky five days in between might pose a problem.
1 comment:
Ok, so he's going to dominate THIS planet and the REST of them too! ;)
Post a Comment