Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First day. Again

Tuesday was Quinn's first day back at preschool. He has such a late birthday (December 31st) that he has another year before he goes to kindergarten. I'm cool with it, mainly because boys tend to do better overall if they start about a year behind girls their same age.

I did my usual - turned on some music for him about 6:30 - he needs a while to wake up, and the slower, the better. Breakfast at 7:00, then get dressed, shoes, play a little, brush teeth, jump on Daddy (if he's still in bed trying to wake up - Quinn doesn't get this from me), and pick someone (read: stuffed animal) who wants to ride to school with him. Then out the door for the 3 minute drive.

On the first day, Joyce, his new kitty, got to ride. I think Quinn was far more excited about that then school. Going back to the same classroom has its advantages.

No comments: