Saturday, September 12, 2009

Up a hill without a paddle

Friday there wasn't much to do. We were at a little bit of a loss. So I suggested we take a short hike up Mt. Talbert, which is right around the block from the house. Quinn said he'd rather stay at home and do 'reports', but I insisted and hustled his little butt out of the house.

This is what is called the Snack Log. Quinn and his Daddy stop here on every hike to have a little snack. It's about 15 minutes from our front door. And we had just had a little snack at home. But, tradition calls.


Since I am usually the one behind the camera these days, there are few pictures of Quinn and I together. This is what I've been driven to doing. It generally isn't my best angle.
This bridge is at the bottom of a hill and goes over a small creek. I think someone may just have over-engineered the bridge - there's like two feet of creek for this huge iron monstrosity.
Quinn enjoyed dropping leaves through the grate to watch them float down the creek.

A short hike (one that made my knee gnash and swell) resulted in a nice long nap.

Mission accomplished.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

This posting reminds me of an old Winnie the Poo cartoon in which they played Poo Sticks ... You two are busier and more industrious than I will ever be! ;)