Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Falling up

Because our planned play date for today was postponed, I had to come up with something new and exciting to do. Not only to entertain the young man, but to keep me out of the house; fatigue still reigns.

We drove out to Multnomah Falls early hoping to beat the heat and the crowds. We did both.

Quinn took off pretty much as soon as we got there, headed straight up.


I am looking both haggard and in dreadful need of a haircut.

Taking a rest on the way up. Okay, so this bench is like .0009 of a mile from the bottom, but hey, it was steep.

Reached the bridge all in one piece.


Quinn found a little crevice to duck in to.

Can I dish about a couple of things? Okay. Why, oh why, do people wear $1 flip flops to walk up a steep grade??? Why do people buy lattes and then HIKE with them??? So, so odd.
Here I'm pretty sure that Quinn needed to relieve himself.
Let's find the bathroom!!

All in all, a nice trip. Next time I will convince him to try for the top of the falls, but by the time we got to the second switchback, his enthusiasm waned. It's those short legs.

3 comments:

Freckles and Frogs said...

perfect hike for those little people. great idea!

Lisa said...

So cute. Can't wait until he makes it to the top!

kendra said...

Howdy!

We did the hike, too, back when Kirby was just 2 ish. It left him a little spooked by the height, but whew, it was neat. Wish we'd gone in August, tho. We went in November. Duh.

Honestly, I am planning to call. Sorry about the bronchitis. Hang in there.