It's time for Quinn to have a new mattress. So, off we went yesterday to scope out what we could find - a relatively new thing since there are actually choices here.
Anyway, hit Sears - not a salesperson to be seen. Then, Mattress World right up the street. We were about two feet in the door when "Jerry" accosted us. Picture this: short, bald (on purpose, I think), weird earring-thing in his ear, and a name tag the size of Kentucky. He started to hard sales pitch (my least favorite thing in the world) telling me that they will beat any price, they shop around for their customers, blah blah blah. Told him what we had seen in Sears, he steered us towards a different model. Gave me a price. Now, I told Jerry that we were just in looking mode and weren't buying today when we first walked in. I told him I would be chatting with my husband that night and would get back to him. He said, and if you know me you know this sent my blood pressure through the roof: "So your husband doesn't trust you to make this kind of decision??".
You could have cut the silence with a knife. I looked around for a second, pretty sure I was having a stroke, and said "Gee, Jerry, you just lost a customer with your hard sell and ridiculous comment. Bye!"
Man. What a weasel.
The store up the street was happy to oblige and the salesman there let Quinn jump on a few beds and turn lights on and off. And there was no mention of my needing to check with hubby.
Geez. What year IS this???!!??
1 comment:
I second the blood pressure through the roof. Good for you for walking away!
Post a Comment