Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Trick or, well, not

Fall is definately here. My boys spent a total of about seven hours in the back yard on Sunday planting and, well, hanging out. I was flat on my back in bed, having round two of bronchitis and whatever else is growing in my body. Really. This is enough.

Quinn spent much of his time with this stump. It used to hold up a birdbath, but has been unceremoniously toppled. I was dragged from my deathbed at least twice to see the progress of his work.

Last night, having coughed myself into exhaustion, we had pizza. Just for fun we got the Pumpkin Face Pizza. Of course, it looked like this only until I added more olives, mushrooms and onions. Still fun.
This afternoon, after lunch and after I psyched myself up, Quinn and I made some attempt to decorate the front door area for Halloween. He was fascinated by the 'spider's web' stuff. We eventually added a big spider and bat. We have a great spooky light supplied by our resident Halloween fanatic, Valerie that Quinn is very excited to use. I really have no explanation for the gloves...

We're hoping that the 60+ degree weather won't completely rot the pumpkins before Friday. Of course, it's set to rain that night, but at least it won't be 25 degrees like it usually was in La Grande.
Boo.

No comments: