We ended up at one of the hundreds of tree farms a little ways from our house. We just chose the one that looked the best and the least crowded. They only had about 25,000 trees, but we thought we would be able to find something good anyway.
Since we are in a house now that doesn't have 11 foot ceilings, we had to scale down our usual desires. It didn't take us long to find a very nice one of the right size, and we didn't even have to look at 25,000. Actually, after the first 10 or so I couldn't keep them straight, so before we got too far from the car we chose one.
The weather could not have been better - chilly but sunny and no rain. The only thing that could have made it better was a little snow. No real chance of that.
Quinn helped Daddy do the cutting and I did my usual - taking pictures and offering sound advice.
The rest of the past week was just the usual. Quinn always wants to change his shirts these days so he can wear his 'cooking shirts', which is any shirt with a pocket, but short sleeves are preferred. He says he needs the pocket to hold his knife.
1 comment:
We got our tree Saturday too.... and yes it was much cheaper than last year... and easier to find and carry, you know not hiking thru the snow, etc. A fun experience! And actually I'm quite annoyed with the medical care issue AGAIN! I always complained that we were have to "settle" for care and now I know it was more than that and was 2nd or 3rd rate! and I can admit that now! argggg
Post a Comment