Thursday, November 8, 2007

I slept with Vick last night...

There's a lot of snot around here.

Quinn has been sick for a few days. Erick, usually the last one to succumb to any nasty virus, is stuffy and suffering from a sore throat. Strangely, I am the lone hold-out. So far, anyway.

Quinn is like any 2-almost-3-year old: he loves to do things again and again, and remembers even the most insignificant detail. The other night, as we were getting ready for bed, he pulls his shirt up under his chin, sticks our his chest and said (with that voice you get when your nose is stuffed up) "Mama, I wanna Vick's on my chestd". I obliged. After a few minutes of deep breathing, and proclaiming that "Vick's is good", Quinn asked that I apply a tad right below his nose - in his "divot" as he calls it. He said that his nose needed it. Badly.

More deep breathing.

So, for the past few nights (and now nap time, as well) Quinn does his Vick's dance, holding his shirt high, head held back, so the Vick's can be applied liberally and correctly.

Last night, after Quinn was tucked safely in his bed, Vick's and all, Erick sat on the couch, snuffling and talking about his trip this morning to Corvallis for an interview. Being the mother that I am, I suggested medication. A little Sudafed, perhaps. Some tea. A hot toddy. I jokingly, as he headed to bed, suggested that he, too, might benefit from a little Vick's action. Erick smirked and went to bed.

A few minutes later, the door opened. He went to Quinn's room and retrieved the Vick's. I offered to rub it on his chest (you take what you can get, right?), but he declined. Instead, he put a big blob right on his divot.

And went happily to bed.

So, you see, I slept with Vick last night. My nasal passages are clear to prove it. Love those second hand vapors.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sexy!

We do what we gotta...

Hope everyone feels better soon.

I'll be thinking good thoughts for E today!

You should submit an entry to the TGQDC today. You'd be great.