Wednesday, November 28, 2007

In Wait mode. Again.

Erick left early this morning for Bend, and just called to say he was on his way home. Now, it snowed here yesterday, and that means the pass is usually a nightmare for several days afterwards. I wasn't too thrilled with him driving, in the dark, so early and then having to drive there and back in one day (about ten hours of driving, if there isn't any ice/snow/slush/yuck). But, you do what you have to do.

Quinn is chatting to himself an hour after he was put down for a nap; not boding well for the plans I made (albeit tentatively) for the afternoon. He'll drop off just about the time I go to release him from his bed, and then will sleep until after 5:00. I just can't win.

Have a friend who's husband is gone, too, and we chatted this morning about how strange it is to be alone with your kid(s) when your male half is galavanting off somewhere. Especially at night. Neither of us sleeps the same, hearing every crick and moan the house makes, listening for sounds from our kid(s) that means they need us. She admitted to being anxious, and I admitted to propping a chair back under the doorknob of the back door at night. And leaving a light on.

It will be nice when this travelling and such is done for a while, and hopefully the new year will bring something, well - new.

No comments: